It was a really interesting game! The creatures remind me a bit of an old game I used to play called Nanovor. Kinda wish there was an easier way to rumpus with people besides just joining the discord cause I feel like if I joined I'd just leave like 20 minutes later. The music was a good fit though and the goops are all super cute! Made a video, I hope you enjoy! I might make a part 2 at some point soon.
A downloadable game for Windows
The GOOPS are back in this game of pet-battling and inheritance!
Years have passed since the Goopoids were created and then set loose on the world. In that time humanity has learned to co-exist with these slimey, aggressive creatures. SOME humans have even begun taming Goops and training them in Goop-to-Goop combat. You are one of those humans.
Battle wild Goops with your trusty Goopling, find Mutagens to boost your Goop's powers, and then Mix your Goopling with other players' (Using Rumpus, our web tech) and Inherit their powers to form a long legacy of potent Goopoids. You may even uncover other Goop species in the process!
- 13 species of Goopoid, each with its own stat preferences
- Clicker-like combat with TONS of stats
- Mix your Goop with other players via Rumpus to create even more powerful goops, and uncover new species. Find other players in the Butterscotch Discord!
- Learn which traits, behaviors, types, and genetics your Goop possesses to maximize its stats and your battle outcomes
- An open, infinite world filled with dangerous Goopoids (and not much else)
This game takes place after the events of Do You Even Lift and Goopidemic, two of our other jam games. It was made for the 2018 Butterscotch Shenanijam. Big shoutout to Visager for his fantastic open-source chip tunes, which filled out our soundtrack, and to Fatbard for soundfx! We drew the theme STICKY JUSTICE!
- Buttersmooth Tools - Use Inkscape and Gamemaker to make the game.
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Enjoyed this greatly. Did goop with somebody which may of made the game abit of a slap fest but the idea is super neat. I can see why Seth was saying it's a systems game now :P Good work bros!
Looks beautiful - nice polish!! The slapping FXs during the fight is a great touch. I went all dodge and was able to get lucky a few times with HP left. #blessed baby!
Played a bit of this on my channel! Got a lil overwhelmed by all the stats. :P
Great game 10/10 just wish there were more people on the discord to mix with.